Chicken Pav Sliders
Behold, as here comes my first chicken recipe...which I was finally able to make as I had someone to share it with. My husband is a vegetarian and so are most of my friends so I don't cook chicken recipes often as it's just too much work to make veg/non-veg at same time and I don't like to eat it alone without sharing some mutual love for chicken. When I made these it was a total nostalgic moment, as I have grown up eating kebabs & samosas with PAV from my favorite shop in Ahmedabad called Bera Samosas & Kebabs.
Normally their samosas and kebabs are made from goat & beef meat but since I am CHICKENETERIAN (if that's even a word--lol) I made it from minced chicken meat. The flavors came out so similar to their kebabs that I was like in complete hangover after gulping down these treats. I shared it with my neighbors and they absolutely approve it 100 % and even asked me for the recipe.
So here I am sharing my love for these CHICKEN PAV SLIDERS with all you beautiful peeps as grilling season is coming soon(hopefully). You can also make ahead these chicken patties and freeze them and just grill them or cook them on the pan when you want a quick bite. So my non-veg fam or chickeneterians like me if you have some nice minced chicken in your fridge try making these and don't forget to click some pictures and post them on your INSTAGRAM handles and tag me @spicendiced
Here is the list of ingredients and quick recipe.........
PREP TIME- 30 Mins COOK TIME- 15 MINS SERVES- Makes 8 Sliders
TBSP = Table spoon TSP= Tea spoon
16 oz minced chicken
2 TBSP Tandoori Chicken Masala (i use BADSHAH)
1 TSP Coriander-Cumin Powder (dhanajeeru)
1/4 TSP Smoked Paprika or Red chili powder
1 TSP Corn Starch
1 TBSP Ginger Garlic Green Chili Paste
1 TSP Chopped Mint leaves (finely chopped)
2 TBSP Chopped Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
1 whole lime juice or 3 TBSP lemon juice
Salt to taste
* Take minced chicken in a large bowl and add in all the spices & ingredients listed above and mix well till everything is nicely incorporated. Cover and leave in fridge for an hour or 2.
* Heat a pan with some oil and Take out the chicken and Coat your hands with some oil and Roll the portion into golf ball like and press it to small thick patty. Slide the patty on the heated pan cook just the one to taste test. If you have adjust any spice level or salt level to your liking you can do so from above mentioned ingredients and then divide the rest of the seasoned minced chicken into 7 equal portions and make patties. Slide the other patties on the pan and cook them evenly on all sides till chicken is completely cooked. ( You can also cover them for like 2-3 mins to make the process faster- don't worry if you see some water chicken will soak it eventually when you remove the cover)
*Cook all the chicken patties and set aside. You can also keep everything else ready and cook these last for serving hot. So you can just assemble this as you want to sit to eat.
Ingredients for Yogurt Dip for Onions /Cole slaw:-
1 Cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Mayo
1/2 cup Coriander leaves
1 -2 TBSP chopped mint leaves
1 serrano chili or 2-3 green chilies
1 Garlic clove (optional- add only if you like garlic flavor)
1 whole lime juice
1 TSP cumin powder
Salt to taste.
* Combine everything above into a blender and make it into a smooth fine dressing like consistency.
* Take about over half of this mixture and add in 1 cup of sliced onions or cole-slaw mix whichever you have and mix together. Set aside
* Apart from this you'll need PAV BHAJI - PAVs which are easily available at Indian grocery stores or you can use the Hawaiin buns (they are sweeter than regular pav's ), some melted butter with some finely chopped coriander leaves & some tomato slices (totally optional to add tomato slices)
* Heat the pan and throw in the coriander leaves butter and toast the pav slighly pressing them on each side till they have nice golden spots on both sides. (don't over press the pav)
* Layer the tomato slice (optional) or just layer the chicken patty and some yogurt dipped onions or cole slaw on top and enjoy it with ketchup or hot sauce or just by itself.